Grace Coastal Church is hosting a Stephen Ministry Introductory Workshop training event for both Grace Coastal as well as other area churches on March 28 from 9 am – 1 pm that is designed to help you:
- catch a vision for lay caring ministry
- experience a sample of Stephen Minister training
- learn the basics about Stephen Ministry— how it works, the benefits it offers, and how to bring Stephen Ministry to your congregation.
You will come away with a clearer understanding of the difference Stephen Ministry makes and a vision for getting a Stephen Ministry team started in your congregation.
Attending one of these workshops is not mandatory for beginning Stephen Ministry, but it is an excellent way to learn what Stephen Ministry is all about and to get your questions answered.
Three Engaging Sessions
All attendees will be participating in all three of the following workshops:
SESSION 1: Ministering to Those Experiencing Grief
- Sample the quality of Stephen Minister training firsthand
- Develop grief ministry skills you can put to use right away
SESSION 2: An Introduction to Stephen Ministry
- Explore the life-changing value of this ministry
- Discover how to bring Stephen Ministry to your congregation
SESSION 3: How to Care in a Distinctively Christian Way
- Learn to integrate faith into everyday caring and relating
- Experience the Christ-centered nature of Stephen Ministry
Who Should Attend?
- Pastors and church staff
- Lay leaders and decision makers
- Caregivers and care-giving teams