- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save.
- We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death, atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him alone for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals, but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- For more information click: Presbyterian Church in America
Our mission is driven by the gospel. Grace Coastal seeks to renew the greater Bluffton area by the expression of our love for God and our love for our neighbor. This is one love. Failing to love God, we fail to love our neighbor. Failing to love our neighbor, we fail to love God. Our love for God moves us ever forward in love toward all people. Our strategy to fulfill our mission is:
- Invite people to gather and worship God. We want the gospel to change our hearts. Old desires and passions are swallowed up by an overwhelming desire for intimacy with God. This happens through worship and through evangelism.
- Invite people to grow in Christ and with one another. We want to create a new community with the gospel. Transformed lives require intimate fellowship with others as we learn how to live out the gospel in real life. This happens through community groups, bible studies, men/women groups, and discipleship ministries.
- Invite people to give to bring redemption to our community. We want to move out into our world in love and service. It is not our own goodness but Christ’s and he desires to use our hands, hearts, and heads for the good of others and his glory. This happens through our mercy ministries and outreach gospel ministries.
Gospel transformation is a true heart encounter with Jesus. It is the only thing that can deeply transform our brokenness, our community’s brokenness, and our world’s brokenness.
What is the gospel?
In the person of Jesus, God emptied himself of his glory and wealth and became human. Through the life and death of Jesus, God substituted himself for us — he died a sinner’s death. By repentance and faith, we receive life as sons and daughters. By merciful love Jesus brings us into God’s family. We respond in worship as a church and servants in our community. At the return of Jesus, God will restore creation and make a new world in which we can freely enjoy our new life together with him forever. We believe the gospel as taught in the whole Bible.
Our core values that drive our distinctive expression of the gospel include:
- The great commandment to “Love the Lord our God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might” and to
“love your neighbor as yourself.”
- The commitment to personal as well as public ministry of the word.
- Relationship based ministry over program driven ministry
- Commitment to local outreach as well as world outreach
- The verbal as well as the literal expression of God’s grace through the work of Jesus Christ in our relationships in the church, community, and the world.