We seek not to give a stone when bread is requested but to provide two coats instead of one and walk further than requested with a neighbor in need.
Grace Coastal Church saw the need to develop caring ministry beyond the counseling services that are available as a ministry through our church. We also desired to grow as a body to care well for the many who come into contact with the body of believers and are looking for a friend in the midst of facing many issues.
We seek not to give a stone when bread is requested, but to provide two coats instead of one and walk further than requested with a neighbor in need. We intend to equip our body to do so through the nationally recognized Stephen Ministries.
Certified leaders John Ring and Colette Beauregard, have brought Stephen Ministry training to Grace Coastal Church. Grace Coastal Church looks forward to bringing Stephen Ministry to all aspects of our congregational life.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is a complete system for training and organizing lay people (you and I) to provide one-to-one Christian care to hurting people in and around our congregation. It is “caring that changes lives.”
Stephen Ministers multiply ministry by providing high-quality care to those who are:
- Grieving the loss of a loved one
- Terminally ill (or have family who is)
- Victims of disasters
- New mothers and fathers
- New members in the congregation or community
- In a job crisis
- Facing major life transitions
- Suffering from chronic illness or disability (as well as their caregivers)
- Suffering from separation and divorce
- Experiencing a crisis or difficult time
How Can I Get Involved?
- Pray for our ministers and those they are helping
- Pray for those training our ministers
- Pray for the program
- Give financially
- Become a Stephen Minister