Dear Members and Friends,
The elders and deacons have worked hard to plan ahead and make our meeting on Sunday a safe one. The following considerations and safeguards may help you in making the decision that is right for you:
1. We ask that you monitor your own health on Sunday morning before worship, including taking your temperature. If you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19, please love your neighbor by staying home.
2. Parents of infants and toddlers who will go into the nurseries: to insure the safety of all children and our nursery workers, we will take your child’s temperature before they can come into our child care area.
3. We will have children’s church as normal during both services.
4. Seating will be limited in our sanctuary. We hope to get 50-60 in for worship in our sanctuary. Overflow seating will be available in the fellowship hall.
5. Ushers will assist in the seating and proper spacing of worshippers. We have gone back to a more traditional seating pattern that has standard rows all facing the front. Please choose a row and go all the way to the outside wall first and then others may fill in closer to the middle aisle without having to cross over you.
6. Please allow two seats between you and the next worshipper (unless you are on an aisle which counts as two seats). Of course, family members may sit side by side since they have been exposed to each other at home.
7. Please wear a mask as a way of showing love to your neighbor
8. We will not take up the offering in our normal fashion of passing the plates. Church officers will be in the foyer after the service with the offering plates for you to give to.
9. When worship is over, please leave in a staggered fashion, not all leaving at once and creating a log jam at the door. Please do not stop in the foyer to have conversations but continue outside to greet one another.
10. Between our worship services the deacons and elders will perform another disinfecting cleaning of all doorknobs, bathrooms, and key hard surfaces.
11. There will be no Sunday School and no coffee or food will be served.
12. The playground will be open and parents are asked to oversee their own children.
13. Prayer: Alongside these human efforts to provide a safe environment, the elders and deacons are giving themselves to special prayer for the safety of all. They would ask that you too give some special attention to prayer as well.
14. At-home viewing- There are seven options to watch GCC “live streaming” worship services. They are:
a. Grace Coastal Church Facebook Page
b. Grace Coastal Church Periscope Site
c. Grace Coastal Church YouTube Page
d. Grace Coastal Church Website
e. Apple TV
g. Amazon Firestick
You will be able to easily find these options via gracecoastalchurch.com
Hopefully, this information will give you increased confidence in attending. If you have any further questions you may call any of the church staff or officers and they will be glad to answer those questions.
I can’t wait to see you this Sunday. It will be a great time of celebration.
Warmly in Christ,
Rev. Sam Joyner